From: Dennis Bernth
To: ihc@domain.elided
Cc: baradium@domain.elided ; T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ihc] Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

TRE;
It might give him a big head, but I have to agree with Ryan. I wouldn't get
too teary-eyed too soon on your engine. Ryan is probably right about how
much gas is mixed with the oil, but more importantly is that the oil was
Mobil 1. If you're gonna dump gas into your oil, there probably isn't any
better oil to choose than M-1. Plus, you didn't take it out on the
expressway and run it a hundred miles or so at 3000 rpm- around town poking
might not have been enough to do any damage. The leaking rear main may
'correct' itself also when you change the oil- it's going to leak if it's
overfull, especially with the oil thinned out. All in all, unless you see
copper tint to the oil when you drain it, you are probably as good as you
were before the thing happened. It might be a good time to start casually
looking for a different engine to go through and get ready to go in though,
you can never find one you can afford or that is decent when you really
'need' one (BTDT). Having one on hand ready to go is the best solution.
Dennis