Re: [ihc] Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

TRE;
It might give him a big head, but I have to agree with Ryan. I wouldn't get
too teary-eyed too soon on your engine. Ryan is probably right about how much
gas is mixed with the oil, but more importantly is that the oil was Mobil 1.
If you're gonna dump gas into your oil, there probably isn't any better oil to
choose than M-1. Plus, you didn't take it out on the expressway and run it a
hundred miles or so at 3000 rpm- around town poking might not have been enough
to do any damage. The leaking rear main may 'correct' itself also when you
change the oil- it's going to leak if it's overfull, especially with the oil
thinned out. All in all, unless you see copper tint to the oil when you drain
it, you are probably as good as you were before the thing happened. It might
be a good time to start casually looking for a different engine to go through
and get ready to go in though, you can never find one you can afford or that
is decent when you really 'need' one (BTDT). Having one on hand ready to go is
the best solution.
Dennis