RE: [ihc] Which BB?

Alan,

Thanks for the info, and site correction. I like "more technical", and I
like "more civilized", so I will try to keep up with you guys, and perhaps
less frequently scan what's going on over there. I always get a friendly,
informative response here. I posted my "introduction" and one question on
BB a while ago. They have been viewed several times, but no one has
responded.
I think I will try my question here in my next post.

But to keep this thread on a somewhat more related topic (or off-topic):

1. I notice when you responded, you replied to me, and also to the digest.
Because I get the digest postings in single form, I got two copies of your
reply (which is fine). I guess for those who get the "digest only" form, it
is important to reply both directly and indirectly? Is that the preferred
method?

2. I own the domain name "girding.com". So far, I only use it for my email.
Spammers have stolen the name (I think it's called a "joe job") for use in
their return address field. In the last 3 weeks, I have received more than
10,000 "undeliverable" messages for bad addresses in the spammer's lists.
Likely, that means they have sent out more than 100,000 spam messages with
names like "joblow@domain.elided" and "sallyforth@domain.elided" in the return
address field. If they bounce, or if someone replies to one of these (to
curse me out, or send me a virus, etc.) it comes back to me. Very
annoying...
Anyway, I just want you all to know: I DO NOT SEND THE SPAM!! Even though
it's my domain name.

Sorry to be so long-winded...

-John