Re: [ihc] Which BB?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 9:21 AM
Subject: [ihc] Which BB?

http://atlas.binderbulletin.org/forums/index.php?s=6c1935ad5b3605c7a5c73b2d9
> 846cad5
>
> and old:
>
> http://www.binderbulletin.net/cgi-local/webbbs/techtalk.cgi?noframes

> Which one do most of you use? Or better yet: What's the primary
difference?
> Different set of people? Different topics or primary focus? I'm having
> trouble keeping up with all the threads between this digest, and those
two,
> and am wondering which one might be most useful to me, overall. My
interests
> being: restoring my '67 1100 4x4 T'All, and finding out more about my
> soon-to-be-acquired '68 Travelette 4x4. TIA for any and all thoughts on
the
> subject... -John
> ---

John-

The address for the old Binderbulletin is correct, but the "new" vBulletin
tech talk site is:

http://bbs.binderbulletin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=4

The main page is:

http://bbs.binderbulletin.org/index.php

if you wish to update the links.

The primary difference here is that the atlas server is no longer in use,
and it's been migrated to a different hosting service. Bill Thebert has
recently moved across the country, and chose to put the server in a hosting
site rather than try to move it and maintain it during a major change in his
location, employment, and marital status. Formerly it resided in his home.

There are several folks here who can help you with what you're doing. The
digest is frequented by a smaller number of folks who post regularly, and
there are far fewer posts. Binderbulletin is larger. I have not seen a lot
of difference in the subject matter. It's just that on digest there are
fewer conversations going on at any given time, and the crowd on digest is
often more technical minded. They are also more civilized over the last
couple of years, although Binderbulletin has been amazingly polite over the
last year or so as well, with only a few exceptions.

In your case, I would recommend you use both digest and binderbulletin. You
will find that some types of questions are answered better here, and some
there, some equally well both places, and it won't take too long to see
which type is which.

-Allan