Re: [ihc] Re: Wheel studs

Looking for the Dorman website?

I have to admit, I had to do a bit of looking for it myself.  And yes,
it used to have an online catalog.  Looks like it still does, just not
very friendly interface.

http://www.rbinc.com/

Good luck, Colin.

BPAC> Allan,

BPAC> Thanks, I did a Google search on the Dorman brandname and found it many
BPAC> times in relation with studs and bolts. Do you know if there is a website
BPAC> with an online catalog or anything such like? Or is there a paper catalog
BPAC> that I could purchase?
BPAC> I'm adapting the hubs of my '74 2WD 200 so they'll accept Dodge W200 rotors.
BPAC> The original rotors are a one-piece design. I'm cutting the old worn out
BPAC> rotors off of the hub and use the remaining flange to sandwich the new
BPAC> rotors to.  The reason why I need the studs to be longer is that the
BPAC> mounting flange of the separate rotor adds extra thickness. The studs that
BPAC> are used on the W200 are already longer then the original ones. If I can't
BPAC> find  longer ones I could shave a couple of mm's off of the wheel mounting
BPAC> base and use W200 studs. But I don't want to do that if it's not nessecary
BPAC> because it'll weaken the hub and affect the trackwidth of the truck.

BPAC> Paul
BPAC> --

>>Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:00:28 -0800
>>From: "Allan W." allanw@domain.elided
>>Subject: [ihc] Re: Wheel studs

>>Paul,
>> I have never seen any with the knurl being that long.  Does not mean they
>>don't exist though.  I tried to find the website for "Dorman" products,
>>this is the name of the vendor for the wheel studs that my local parts
>>house carries.  Can't seem to find it this morning though.
>> I know you are doing some adapting, is there any other way you can
>>do it?  Do you need them that long to hold the drum to the hub,
>>or...?

>>Allan W.

Later,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain