[ihc] BW tranny coolers

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:31:10 -0500
From: RLIRELAND@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] New Topic!

I hesitate to wedge another topic in there for fear of it getting lost amongst the RA15/RA20 and PTO threads but here goes anyway...
There is a thread on BB web TechTalk concerning the BW automatic transmission "temperature equalization" system used on some IH's. It uses some sort of heat exchanger that uses water from the engine and is connected by heater hoses from the trans to the water pump.
We're wondering if anyone who may not be on the web version might have some more insight as to whether this system was a dealer add-on or if trucks and Scouts came factory equipped like this.
Here's the link to the thread:
Absolutely factory, shown in the parts books and everything.

Jim