Re: [ihc] Smokeing Question

Hi Skip,

Since you just did brake work, i'm gonna throw this out there.  Are
you sure no brake fluid is getting pulled down the vacuum line to the
brake booster?  At idle you've got the most vacuum and the engine is
turning slowest meaning any oil that gets to it would have the
greatest effect.

Good luck, Colin.

SD> Good news for me is that I've got my brakes (m/c, booster, prop. valve and
SD> some of the lines) completed and working well.
SD> My next question is another basic one...  I have white smoke coming out of
SD> my exhaust at idle.  Could someone please explain to me what causes this?
SD> My motor has about 1,100 miles, so I'm hoping it's just running rich???

SD> Thanks!
SD> Skip
SD> '79 SII, 345, 727, 3.73

Later,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain