Re: [ihc] Smokeing Question

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 07:43  AM, Skip Duplissey wrote:

My next question is another basic one...  I have white smoke coming
out of
my exhaust at idle.  Could someone please explain to me what causes
this?
My motor has about 1,100 miles, so I'm hoping it's just running rich???

Running rich produces black smoke.  Burning oil produces a bluish, oily
smelling, smoke. Water produces white smoke. You could have a leaky
head gasket, although Toms suggestion of water in the gas tank sounds
like a much nicer cause of the problem.

My guess is the head gasket. I hope that Im wrong.

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs