RE: [ihc] More 69 Travelall queries

Bob said:
>> A 10" breather fits, but will require a 3-4" tall filter to
>> flow enough to satisfy a 345, at least by the numbers.

Mac said:
the engines .. use 10"x2.5" filter elements, and they seem to breathe just fine.

I'm basing my comments on K&N's recommendation. They claim their filters flow better than others; so others s/b even larger:

K&N Round Air Filter Sizing Note: Normal service recommendation shown, Severe service is 1.5-2 X normal

CID Max RPM Area OD Height Required
345 3800 62.911 10 2.75

Applying the 1.5-2X factor to 2.75" gives 4.125-5.5" height for severe duty.

My 345 feels choked at high RPM, but it's pretty hard to tell, seat of the pants, in a 5000 lb brick.

Besides, a 2x10 filter sitting on an 800 lb engine looks tiny. :)
Bob