Re: Cabin Temps

----- Original Message -----
From: <tsm1@domain.elided>
To: "Ed Sohm" <?@domain.elided>
Cc: <tsm1@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: Cabin Temps

> > Lift it, more airflow underneath.
>
> But that'll increase drag, ruining the great aerodynamics.. :D
>
> I've actually considered building an air-dam for the front.. :D
>
> Neat idea on the under-airflow improving cooling though.. hmmm..

Aerodynamics, Hah!

I get about 8 1/2 mpg.  empty, loaded, pulling a trailer, 2wd, 4wd, .......
It just doesn't seem to matter.  It _was_ worse when I was running a 266 and
really poorly adjusted kickdown linkage (in drive by 10mph), but has been
pretty rock steady in that 8-9mpg range with the 345/Edelbrock.

> > People don't believe me that I could not get underneath my pickup
without
> > the help of a jack before.  Granted I wear size 7 1/2 hats , but I think
> > ought to be able to fit my head underneath the frame on anything that
>
> That's about my hat size (7 3/8?).. and *I* can slide under my IFS 2wd
> Travelette.. though I admit there's not a lot of room to maneuver, and I'm
> itching to lift it and use a creeper.

I am on the local ambulance service and we got a new cot.  Guess where the
old one went.  I haven't tried it yet, but I don't imagine I will be able to
fit underneath on it.  Need bigger tires (on the truck).

My only dilema since lifting it has been that my floor jack is now too short
to lift the frame decent.  I was messing with the front spring bolts this
weekend and had to stack boards to jack on the frame to unload the springs.
I need to build a front bumper that will accept a Hi-Lift.

Any word on your motor?
Edward J Sohm
Battle Creek, IA
'71 800B
'74 200 Travelette Camper Special (converted to 4X4)
+ 10 or 12 more