Re: PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 08:45  AM, Binder wrote:

Any thoughts on the mounting studs? Those are (removable?) studs? You take
'em off the old pump and put 'em in the NEW pump? Is that correct? Or
should new pump have them already installed (pressed/fitted/whatever)? My
current "new" pump looks as if it's the correct thing. Has holes in the
correct places, etc. Except no mounting studs on the resouivor. The old
pump doesn't look as if it'll take much abuse/yankin' & crankin', but I'll
give it a shot. That pump leaks anyhow, right?! ;-)

Cheers & *MANY* thanks,

--Pete

Pete,

I got here late. Those empty holes on the pump have threads in them, right? Go to the parts house and buy new studs. Forget messing around with the old pump unless the studs are pretty loose.

I remove studs by double nutting the stud and then removing the stud by turning the inner nut.

John Hofstetter