RE: PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

Hi,

Yeah, as I mentioned to someone in an offline e-mail, it's not a matter that
the spacer is seized or jammed... on the contrary, it's been WELL lubricated
by a steady flow of p/s fluid in the vicinity (close to fan blowing it
everywhere too!).

Any thoughts on the mounting studs?  Those are (removable?) studs?  You take
'em off the old pump and put 'em in the NEW pump?  Is that correct?  Or
should new pump have them already installed (pressed/fitted/whatever)? My
current "new" pump looks as if it's the correct thing.  Has holes in the
correct places, etc. Except no mounting studs on the resouivor.  The old
pump doesn't look as if it'll take much abuse/yankin' & crankin', but I'll
give it a shot.  That pump leaks anyhow, right?!  ;-)

Cheers & *MANY* thanks,

--Pete

:
: I did it on my pump by taking a screw driver of appropriate size
: and turning
: it sideways at the point where it could go into that gap in the bracket,
: basically, pry it out.  After it comes out the first time it
: should come out
: and go back in pretty easily.  It's not meant to really be a press fit.
: Once the sleeve is out, the stud can slide out sideways from the bracket.
: IIRC there's a hex head on the stud so you can take it out of the
: pump once
: it is off of the bracket.
:
: -Ryan