Re: PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Binder" <binder@domain.elided>
To: "IHC-Digest" <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 23:08
Subject: PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

<snip>
> See the part to the left (as we look at the diagram) of the reservoir? See
> the little spacer widget thingy?  That seems to capture the pump even when
> everything else is (apparently) removed.  What's the trick to freeing the
> pump from this point?  Beat the spacer out of the hole with a screwdriver
or
> something, or am I missing something (besides a brain!)?

<snip>

I did it on my pump by taking a screw driver of appropriate size and turning
it sideways at the point where it could go into that gap in the bracket,
basically, pry it out.  After it comes out the first time it should come out
and go back in pretty easily.  It's not meant to really be a press fit.
Once the sleeve is out, the stud can slide out sideways from the bracket.
IIRC there's a hex head on the stud so you can take it out of the pump once
it is off of the bracket.

-Ryan