PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

IH All,

1) Possibly the wrong pump (replacement).  The one I have has two holes,
whereas the existing defective pump has two studs there. I'm not sure I
could remove the existing studs without tearing up the old pump like a
sardine can! The reservoir seems pretty thin, and I don't know how much
wrenching those studs would take.  If someone says "go for it" I will.  I
was asked if my pump had "1 hole or 2?" I guessed and said two - which
almost seems to match what I have.
2) And this is the fly in the ointment:  to the gist of my question: I had
the bolts and adjuster bracket off.  However, there was ONE bolt/stud I
couldn't seem to remove.  Relative to me on the fender, it was the "far"
corner bolt.  It's the one that has the spacer thing in it.  You can see a
picture of it here:

http://www.lightlineofla.com/page05-07.htm

See the part to the left (as we look at the diagram) of the reservoir? See
the little spacer widget thingy?  That seems to capture the pump even when
everything else is (apparently) removed.  What's the trick to freeing the
pump from this point?  Beat the spacer out of the hole with a screwdriver or
something, or am I missing something (besides a brain!)?

John: You're correct (no surprise there!), it's much better with the battery
out of the way.

Comments on either or both parts appreciated!

I really gotta get a manual!  If this problem is addressed in the manual and
you have a minute to fax the relevant pages, I would be eternally grateful.
My direct fax (from 0830 to 17:30 Thurs) is: (918) 562-1467.  No coversheet
necessary.  Thanks, if anyone could help there.  Meanwhile, all other hints
& kinks appreciated!

It's been a long day and the bed is calling!

Cheers,

--Pete

P.S.: Ol' Saline: Me, make a TYPO?! ;-> All I'll admit to is "feint" passed
the spell checker! <vbg> Tom: Thanks for the help, you may "unpucker" now!
;-) I'll do the rear diff (and front) over the weekend if all goes well.
Yeah, I bet it's a 44. Hmmm... once I get the covers off, I can I calculate
the ratio? I s'pose so... hmmm... another "eductaining" project.

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\]	http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/postnuke/html/index.php