Re: '77 Terra carb

---True to that. I have the 4bbl fuel bowl on my 2300 giving me the center
hung float rather than the side hung - works great for me when climbing and
on descent. The 2300 gives you options for power valves, jets, baffles and
the reusable gaskets for a 4bbl metering plate and fuel bowl also fit the
bill. The rebuild kit doesn't come with everything* you need, but it comes
with all the gaskets, for every model of 2300 if you get the 2300g kit. That
kit costs between $10-$12.oo last I checked. The accelerator pump is
interchangeable also, but the screws from the pump housing you are using
need to be used so the bowl doesn't get damaged... How do I know that?

---The 2300 on the Scout uses a special base plate gasket that IIRC is the
same gasket used on the Ford 5.0 2bbl of the 60-70s. The binder bulletin
should have the gasket listed in the useful part number section.

---FWIW, there are nice color options with the reusable gaskets for 4bbls.
The blue looks good, but the red touches off the engine nicely. They run
about $5 for a set (1 metering plate and 1 fuel bowl), $7 or so for two
sets. Being able to clean out the bowl after accidentally getting water in
the carb, however it may happen) sure is a nice bonus.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)