Re: welding pitman arm

> I've also found that I don't really have much in the way of problems with
> bumpsteer in my scout with 4" triangles, but that's just me too.
>
> I don't really like how some high steer setups are done though... some are
> kind of scary looking...
>
> Now, if you do a high steer, could you use a shorter steering arm on the
> knuckle so that a shorter pitman arm (drop pitman arm) would still give
you
> the same turning ability?  Now, you'd have to have a lot of lift to
actually
> want that much drop....
>
> -Ryan

Yes, you could also use different length (pitman and/or steering) arms to
speed up the steering ratio.  However, instead of a dropped pitman arm (with
highsteer and a lot of lift) I would use a spacer between the knuckle and
the steering arm. I wouldn't use one higher than 3 inches though.

Then again a spacer over about 1 inch tall with both the draglink and tierod
mounted to the steering knuckle arm is a disaster waiting to happen. Better
to use a drop pitman arm instead of a tall spacer in this case.

Clear as mud?

Darrel