Re: PS Pump Removal - What's The Trick?!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Binder" <Binder@domain.elided>

<snip>
> Any thoughts on the mounting studs?  Those are (removable?) studs?

---Yes, they do come out, sorry I didn't get that off to you earlier.

<snip>
> You take
> 'em off the old pump and put 'em in the NEW pump?  Is that correct?  Or
> should new pump have them already installed (pressed/fitted/whatever)?

---If your new pump doesn't have them, I would say yes. Haven't needed to
buy a new* pump yet, so the studs have always been there.

<snip>
> My current "new" pump looks as if it's the correct thing.  Has holes in
> the
> correct places, etc. Except no mounting studs on the resouivor.  The old
> pump doesn't look as if it'll take much abuse/yankin' & crankin', but I'll
> give it a shot.  That pump leaks anyhow, right?!  ;-)

---A leak is small compared to a damaged housing. You can always rebuild the
pump yourself some time in the future and save the $20-$30.oo that it might
cost later in life to buy one. I will never agree to mangling a part that
you might need in the future. Surely it comes off, you just need another cup
of coffee.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)