Re: Oil Pressure problems

Jack:

Welcome to the IHC Digest.

Your oil pressure is "normal" IHC.  These engines are pretty low oil
pressure, compared to most.   General rule is, "If the lifters don't
clatter, nothing's the matter".

Manual calls for only 5 PSI at idle and 30 or so at 2,000 RPM.  (I'm sure
of idle, guessing about 2,000 RPM).  Plus, the IH oil factory stock guage
is known to be inaccurate.

According to my oil pressure guage and every "professional mechanic" I let
touch the Traveler,  my engine should have been dead a long time ago - spun
bearing or some such.  But, I bought it with 120,000 on the odometer and
now it has 180,000 or so and it just keeps on ticking.

Run 6 quarts oil at oil & filter change.  Check frequently and follow
general rule above.

Tom H.