Re: 345 is a 304

Ken:

I'd have to beleive all the valve train parts are the same, except for the
pushrods (345/392 would be longer).  That means, rockers, lifters, etc.
Why would the water pump be different?  Someone mentioned recently that
they used the water pipes from a 304 on a 345 and they "bent" them open a
half inch or so and they did work. Exhaust manifold is likely to fit too.
Sure, there are differences in the heads, but the exhaust ports are
probably same location same size.  I can't see why the oil pumps wouldn't
be the same either.

The dist might not be - slightly higher intake of 345/392 requiring longer

Carb will work.  Valve covers & oil pan will work.  Flex plate was
discussed here a few weeks back.  I think originally, it was felt no - but
some folks chimed in from experience "yes".

Your right on about rods, pistons, crank, heads and intake.

Tom H.