Re: Oil Pressure problems

Jedi Jack wrote:

> I have a question. My 73 Scout oil meter reads very low to pegged all the
> way low at idle after about 12 miles of driving. When it first warms up and
> for the first 10 minutes oil pressure is great. I checked the oil many
> times and it is always full. Any ideas?

Jack-

Yes, I have an idea!  You have an International!  Don't let anyone tell you
that the engine has been swapped out for a Chevy, the low oil pressure proves
it to be IH all the way!  This is a common symptom/complaint, but rarely a
problem.  If the engine doesn't start making "lifter noise" or something, you
do not have a problem.  Of course, to be safe it is nice to have it checked
with a mechanical meter that can give you an accurate reading, and if you want
a better reading you will most likely have to get an after-market guage to
throw in there, but most of us just drive with it like this.

Michael