Re: Al Evitt's tranny difficulties

"John A. Landry" wrote:
> tranny using a beam type torque wrench.  However, I think you'll find that
> it take a special socket (like 5/16" *square* instead of hex) to fit the
> adjuster screw.  I bought such a socket at a local industrial hardware
> supplier, but I'm sure McMaster-Carr sells it via mailorder, etc.

I thought it was a 1/4" square.. but in any manner, I believe it was a
5/16 or maybe a little larger 12-pt socket that I used.. the square
"stud" is gripped just fine by the 12-pt socket, which allowed me to use
my torque wrench.. it only needs 10-ft-lbs, so the chances of rounding
the socket or stud are slim.

I was going to use my crows feet, but my set doesn't go down that small!
;)

-Tom