AA120.

Well folks,my 3-year long search for front brake drums for the ASW120 is
finally over.This weekend I towed home an AA120 4X4.No motor/'box/rear
diff/rear axles.(housing and brakes there).
Luck at last.This thing has absolutely no rust.Shame it's pink,though.
Actually called 'Karri tan'.Why are all pink sixties cars called tan or
beige?This is my third pink old car where the colour's name was
'xxxx tan/beige'  .Anyway,someone was doing it up,got it apart and died.
It sat for years and was sold at auction.I got it from the bloke who
bought it for the price of helping him build up an AB182 tipper(couple
more days' work yet).
The AA has(now had) new front and back brakes.I was able to copy a few
original things on it so I could put mine together correctly.The
transfer case seems better than mine,but mine's staying there 'cause
it's too heavy to get out!(and it does still work - just had to get the
yokes sleeved because they were rusted and had worn right through the
seals).
Also there was a faded old battery on the floor which looked (terminals
and cells)unused.Wouldn't even light up my test pencil.Now doing a great
job of starting my '64 Stude!I love free stuff....
One question.It has the 6 stud non-dual type wheels on it.One of these
has much wider rim flanges on it(by about an inch)than the other three.
It has a sixteen inch tyre on it(ill fitting),but seems that it should
be bigger.Has anyone seen one of these?Is it a 17" rim?

Anyhow,the ASW is progressing nicely and the mechanicals are now all but
finished.Finally.Now to get some glass in it......

All the best,Jed.
--
CBMMA#9  Gen-u-wine copycat .SIG!
Sec. Studebaker Car Club of Q'ld.

'86 Cagiva Alazzura      '61 Studebaker Hawk
'77 Triple x2            '76 Rambler Matador x3
'55 AJS Special          '56 International 4X4
'80 XT250 G              '64 Studebaker Cruiser
'73 Suzuki GT250 x4      ...and shitloads of
'72 Honda 350 Four x3    others.....