Body Work

Anyone ever do their own body swapping/parts swapping, etc?  I am in the
process of finally changing front clips on my wrecked '68 T'all.  I keep
asking people for advice for a body shop, and all I keep hearing is,
"Those old things are so simple you can do most of it yourself!"  Of
course, that is the extent of details that anyone seems able or willing
to give.  I am mainly hoping to do as much prep as possible before
taking the thing in to a body shop.  What does it take to remove this
tuff?  Must I have a cutting torch?  Do the body parts truly "bolt on"
as one guy I spoke to-a non-IH specialty mechanic that swears his
Grandfather used to swap body parts on some old IH's on the farm,
"...all the time, and he didn't own no torch or welder!"  I know that to
patch in parts is something I will not try, but if I could completely
remove all of the "bad" parts and have the "new" ones ready to go, then
just drop it at the shop, I am guessing that my bill would go down.  I
have sold this truck, and am fixing it for the new owner, so things must
be done "right."  What is involved in removing the crunched pieces-of
this and of a non-wrecked replacement parts truck?

Thanks!

Michael