Re: 800B w/ fold-down?

Hi-

>   I'll take a look tonight for that seam tonight.  For the conversion, do
> you have to use a folder off an 800?  Or, will the 80 folding versions
> work?  I think I know where I could pick up some 80 folding stuff if that
> works.

Yeah, the only real difference between the 80/800 frames I saw was the
knobs and brackets for holding the windshield from flying forward at
stops.  This is due to the difference in dashes.  I got the 80 version
for mine.  The plan is to cut those off and weld something else on when
its in place.  Bill currently does't have anything to keep his
windshield from going forward.  The hinge is stiff enough that it
doesn't go anywhere by itself.  I was kinda figureing I might just use a
bikini top or tie it to the front hoop on the roll bar to provide the
same functionality as the brakets w/o having to mess w/ the dash.

>   Might be an easy conversion to overhead electric wipers at the same time.

I'm told you can take the aftermarket electric ones made for jeeps and
use them rather than fiddle w/ the vacuum operated ones.  There's a
vacuum hose that runs along the top of the frame, and the plan is to
simply run the wires thru it.

>   I was checking out a brand new Jeep Wrangler the other day.  That
> windshield folds, not easily, though.  The windshield frame appears to
> double as the front hoop of the roll cage.  Special torx wrenches are
> needed, which the owner didn't think were included with the vehicle.  Seems
> like they went to a lot of trouble to provide the folding feature, and then
> made it fairly difficult to use.

Yeah, I've wondered about that, I've seen the hinges, but it looked to
me like it was pretty solidly attached to the roll bar.  I've never seen
one folded down at any rate.

>  Keep us posted.

Sure will,

-Chris