800B w/ fold-down?

My friend Ben, even though his first, 74/75 Scout II isn't running and
he's cursed it many times, today bought a '71 800B that runs for his
driver.  Dana 30/44, drums, 3.73 gears, 304/T18.

*FOLD DOWN WINDSHIELD*

He seems to think none of the previous owners did anything to it.. but
there it is, a fold-down windshield.  Previous owner said he had the
'glass down last summer, and there are knobs on the inside of the
windshield for unlatching or unsecuring the windshield n' frame.

I thought the fold-down was only available on the Scout 80?

Hmmm..

There also appears to be a rag-joint, high (near the firewall) in the
steering column.. should this be?

-Tom