Re: Travelall - it lives

Daniel Nees wrote:
>    On all my Scouts the heat is hooked up with one hose coming from the
> rear of the intake near the # 6 and 8 runners and the other hose coming
> from , A) my 71 the thermostat housing, B) my 79's down on the water
> pump, or there abouts. The 79's have a big plug in the thermostat
> housing, I don't know where the other hose location went on the 71.

Huh.  My '72 304 has it all routed to the water pump area..

My 304 lacks a coolant port on the intake.  My racer's 304 doesn't have
on either (nor does it have a heater.. <g>)

I guess I just need some sort of "cap" for this fitting then.. or
another thermostat housing w/o a port.

>    Keep in mind that the linkages for 304, 345, and 392's are all
> different. I have an extra 345 rod if you need it.

They're all different?  GREAT.

I have a 304..

I do have a 304 and 727 that are still mated together.. I was hoping to
not "break up the set", but it does have the linkage I need for the
racer.. and right now it's just a motor and tranny sitting on a pallet..

It was going to be either 1) racer backup, or 2) go into another Scout
for use as a "street Scout" w/ my drum Dana 30 front n' such.. either
304/auto for ease of use, or 196/3spd to punish mom with.. I guess the
auto part won't be so bad once the T'all is in good shape.. always handy
to have an auto-equipped vehicle just in case I dislocate my shoulder
again or some such..

-Tom