Re: Yank's starter problem

I meant starter "solenoid" but said "starter relay".  Hey, when you're
typing at breakneck speed at work, you miss a lot of points that you might
not if you could compose your answer slowly and deliberately.

Exactly my point, the starter motor doesn't draw through the ammeter but the
solenoid does.  So, when you turn the key and the ammeter pegs but the
starter doesn't turn, the solenoid is only partially working.  It's not
closing the contact for the starter motor to get current.  This, in
comparison to what was being discussed previously where someone was trying
to figure out what part of their starting circuit wasn't working,  Since
their ammeter was indicating heavy current draw, I was trying to point out
that they needn't worry about the other possibilities being named.

Tom H.