Re: the gold box

Mack:

Those "gold boxes" are unique to IHC.  But, you can still get them from NAPA
and our illustrious list of parts suppliers on this Digest.  Price varies
from about $45 up from what I hear.  The last time I "bought" one, a
mechanic 'bought" it and put it in for me.  Charged me $115 for the box, $50
labor and $50 for the tow.  I haven't been back to him since.

There are other distributor/ignition options available for the IH motor.
Scan the Digest archives.  John Landry laid out some options in very good
fashion just last week for someone.

Tom H.