Re: Yank's starter problem

I have this problem w/ my diesel IH.  it's a stick, some times a good
stomp on the floor fixes it, but if not I can just tap the hammer a
couple times against starter & solinoid and it stars right up.

I've learned never run it for less time tan it takes to re-charge the
battery, other wise not enough juce to start it.

oh, and I discoved when i bought new Battery, the DPO had put in a 300
CCa battery where specs called for a 750 amp one

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:24:07 -0700 "Tom Harais" <tjhemh@domain.elided>
writes:
> Guys:
>
> I've had my starter not turn, but the ammeter pegged at discharge
> when I
> turned the key.  This indicated that the starter relay was drawing
> current,
> but not engaging the starter so that it would turn.  I think this is
> common
> IH problem.  When the ammeter shows no discharge and nothing happens
> when I
> turn the key, the neutral safety switch is not allowing current to
> the
> starter relay.
>
> Tom H.

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)