Electrical Questions

Digesters-

I am planning on replacing my 30 amp alternator with a 90 amp on my '79 SII
(as soon as I finish moving).  I also plan on upgrading the main wires so
that they will handle the increase.  However, I want to make sure there
aren't other things I should do at the same time.  What and where is the
regulator?  Should I replace at the same time as the alternator?

My amp gauge NEVER moves into the "C" zone.  If I turn on lights, the
needle drops DEEP into the "D" zone.  The more draw, the slower my blinkers
work.  Also, when the lights are on, the blinker indicators inside the cab
glow; sometimes faintly, sometimes very brightly.   I have wiggled my
bulkhead connectors, but did not notice a difference.

I know little about auto electrical systems, but want to learn.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction as to how to clear this problem up.  It
seems like there may must be several small things causing my problems.

Should I just buy one of those "painless wiring" wiring harnesses and start
over?  That seems like over-kill to me, but if it is the right thing to
do... I want to do it right once and forget about electrical problems.

TIA,
Skip

Dan-  Got your joke.  HAHAHA.