Re: Electrical Questions

Skip,
   When adding a larger alt you need to add a by-pass wire of about 6
guage or larger from the alt to the battery or starter solinoid (same
point, but; I would go to the battery since spae is tight at the
starter).
   The regulator is built into the alt.
   The dim blinker, blinker lights on inside is because of the grounds
in the blinker light assemble. Pull the lenses off the front blinkers
and you will see that the lights are grounded to the body through the
lens screw. Take a wire brush and clean the body and lens clip really
well and add some form of dieelectric grease, or spray with WD40 if you
don't have any.
   Unless you have insulation falling off your wires, I wouldn't worry
about doing a whole Painless Wiring kit. Just add the by-pass wire from
the alt to the battery and clean those grounds.
   OH, one other thing, buy a Volt meter and add that to your battery.
You will lose whatever indication you did have on your amp meter with
the by-pass, so just ignore it.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org