Re: Electrical Questions

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:02:35 -0600, Darrel Kline wrote:

>BTW: You can get down there with a screwdriver and crank the engine over if
>you can't wait for it to cool off. Be careful not to weld your screwdriver
>to the headers. :-)

My Scout II has this problem, let it get hot under the hood (even just
standing outside in the CA summer), and it doesent want to turn over. I
ran a mechanics remote starter switch through the hole in the floor
that is for the A/C drain out to the starter. Now I dont have to jump
out and look like I'm trying to rip off the Scout every time this
happens, I just lean over and push the button. Next stage is to plcae a
tractor starter switch in to the dash and complete the wiring.

I put the problem down to the bulkhead connector but I haven't taken
the time out yet to strip and redo each joint.
Jerry Whitteridge
jrwhitt@domain.elided
91 Jeep Wrangler
79 Scout II