Re: On board air

Ken Hitchcox wrote:
> Guess I left out some details. I have a 10 cid, two groove, 12v
> Still, it kicks @$$ over Tom M's. :)

Ooohhh?? ;-)  My York is only a 9 cid model.

I was going to pull the Sanden off mom's '83 Pontiac before I hauled it
away last weekend, but it's a transverse engine, the pump was on the
bottom of it, tucked away.. and it was PITA enough getting the air
conditioning condensor and radiator and electric fan out..

> I bet I get better pressure
> out of it than he did at NWBRU. Guess we can find out at RMIHR. We can
> have dueling air compressors. (do you hear the banjo music?)

My York has probably seen a few more "miles" than your Sanden!

I was under the hood last summer trying to figure out how I could mount
a second York.. I should measure again.. maybe with a 3" body lift I
could stack two compressors on top of each other, with downsized
pulleys, and clear the hood.. and still use a Sanden on the smog pump
bracket for A/C. ;-)

My Travelall's 392E has a York bracket *and* a smog pump bracket (both
of which are missing, along with a bit of the A/C components).. I'm
thinking I should use a York for compressed air (if it's going to be the
support rig for the racer, it better have air!), and a Sanden and the
rest of the factory AC that's missing for keeping that big 4-door cool
in the summer (since the top doesn't come off *as easily* as my Scout's
does)

-Tom (who didn't get the intake on since it was raining last night)
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
3 Project Scouts, one Project Travelall, two Scouts dunno what to do
with