Re: hydraulic jacks and lumber

I carry a 3 1/2 ton floor jack behind the front seat of my travelall or
in the secret storage compartment I built under the floor (I have no
rear seat, but a 3/4" plywood setup to allow for storage where the rear
set was. I also carry a couple short 2x8s to put under the jack so it
will actually have enough reach to lift the axle and tires off the
ground. I found it's much easier than searching for stuff to put under
it or digging a hole under the tire. I tried using the original bumber
jack on the traveall once but I was afraid by the time I had it up high
enough the bumper would snap off and decapitate me. The ride of the
headless binderman. Oh yea, make sure to remeber to bring a nice big lug
wrench cause we all know the torque required to remove the lug nuts is
directly proportional to the distance from the main tool box (and impact
wrenches, etc...)

Peace,
Eric