Re: two transfercases

Greg Hermann wrote:
> Well--203's also came close mounted to 727's in Dodges--so, with Dodge
> junkyard parts, you could mount a 203/205 hybrid behind a 727 behind either
> a 392 or a 440 RB (less weight, more power than a 392)--why mess with a
> short lived "thing" like a 454??

Hmm.. I'm liking this.  Hey 727 owners, listen up!  The double transfer
case would move your front output yoke back.. and either a) allow room
for a CV alongside the t'case, or b) since you'll have a 10" longer
front driveshaft, you won't need the CV!!

> Will the drop (front output) side of the case of a close mounted 205 clear
> the inside of the passenger side frame rail on a Scout?? Or does it HAVE to
> be divorce mounted, and offset a little bit??

Good question - and one I don't know the answer to.  I don't have a '205
handy.  I *just* acquired an NP203.. but it's currently mounted in a '69
Chevy 1/2T (behind a Rocket 455 and TH400) and I think that's where it's
staying.. unless we decide to convert the Chevy to part-time 4wd when we
put the 4blt 350 in..

I might have to crawl under the Chevy to look closer at the '203 sized
case and do some measuring.  (I think everything needs greased anyhow)

-Tom