Re: Tires

>I'm sorry for asking this question because you guys have
>probably heard it many times before.  What do guys think are
>the best tires?  I only want to go with 33's and maybe 9.50
>width-12 width.  I don't want to go to wide because  I'm
>going to use my Scout for rock crawlin and I also live in a
>place where it likes to snow a lot, and that's the reason I
>don't want them to wide. So basically I'm just wondering
>what you guys would recomend.
>
>Thanks
>
>Richie Houdek
>73 Scout II (Flyin J)
>74 Scout II (parts)
>73 Scout II (parts)
>rdrhoudek@domain.elided

For the snow and ice, there is nothing--NOTHING--any better than Nokia
Hakkepellita NR-10's with studs. They are made in 10.50-31 R 15, C range,
Also in the usual 16" sizes, up to 265-.75, which is slightly taller, and
also a C -range. Also not bad in the dirt or mud.

Meadow Creek Performance Tire Warehouse in Denver has them.

Nokias are Finnish, and they will absolutely open your eyes as to how much
traction is possible, even on black ice, and even if you have used
Blizzaches!! Plus, they wear decently! A vehicle on unstudded NR-10 will
embarass a vehicle on Blizzaks in winter conditions, and with studs, it
becomes comical!

Regards, Greg