What makes a Scout II 40-deg steer?

What makes the Scout II Dana 44 40-deg steer and not every other open
knuckle Dana 44?

I imagine the T'all & truck '44s are NOT 40-deg.. or are they?

Someone brought up that I might *not* want the Chevy '44 front (when I
find another that's not cracked) for my racer since the Scout does so
well due to it's sharp turning radius.

Is it the Scout II outer knuckles?  The yokes on the 'tube?

I think I could put Scout II outer knuckles (balljoints out) on a the
Chevy front end.. then of course, I'd need to determine if the F150 hubs
n' rotors would slide on the Scout II '44 spindle.. *OR* I have a Dana
30 I could use the knuckles from.. 40-deg steer, and the Chevy/Ford
6-bolt spindle pattern.. and use the Chevy/Ford spindles if need be...

Use a full width Chevy front end with some 40-deg knuckles, and I might
even put 33s or 35s on the axle and still get lock to lock steering
without tearing the tires apart on the springs (my '77 certainly doesn't
have 40-deg steer any more! I haven't worn big enough holes in the
sidewalls yet..)

-Tom