Re: questions

Russel DeArman wrote:

>    I owned a '75 Scout II 'XLC' about ten years ago.
> What does the "XLC" stand for? Is it just a trim
> level? If so, what did I have with that scout that I

XLC is the eXtra Load Capacity.. akin to the pre-75 "Heavy Duty" leaf
springs and the Dana 44 front option.. both standard on all 75-80 SIIs.

If it says XLC, you have a Dana 44 front with disc brakes.

Jason's comment on "345s" is inaccurate.. since ALL Scouts were XLC
post-75 (to avoid emissions requirements).. even my '77 with 196-4cyl
and 3spd is an XLC with a Dana 44 front (now it sports a 304/4spd)