'71 Scout 800B Suspension

Well, I changed the front shocks on my '71 800B, and the ride is much
better/safer.  I bought rears, but they haven't gone on yet.  My problem
is, it still 'bounces" down the road if I hit a dip or a big bump.  Is
there a way to correct this?  I don't mind the quality of ride, but it
bounces enough at times to seem bit dangerous.  I don't want to lose
steering because my Scout is trying to become a low-rider!  Do I need
new springs?  I would think that these would have the opposite effect,
and would not move much at all if they were tired, but I have made an
art form out of being wrong!  Any suggestions?  This is a 4X4 w/304 and
4-Speed, if that matters to anyones diagnosis.
I have been planning to go ahead and put some new tires on, but don't
want to invest the money if this is going to be the kind of project that
is not going to work until I put some serious money into it.  I just
want to get it street-safe so I can make it my daily driver.

Michael