Re: Passing on Tulare

Tom Harais wrote:

> Folks:
>
> We can't let this happen.
>
> I've been "talking" to Allan about him flying down to the Bay Area and
> going to Tulare with me. He is now saying that round trip air fare, plus
> motels, plus food is going to add up to more than he can afford.
>
> So, maybe we can help him out and have the pleasure of a fellow digester's
> company at Tulare.
>
> Maybe he can fly down one way to the Bay Area and I'll bring him to Tulare.
> Or, maybe John Fleck or somebody else in WA can give him a ride with them
> and share some costs.
>
> Then, maybe instead of a motel, one of you folks that are planning to camp
> at the fairgrounds will let Allan camp with you. Or, maybe somebody that is
> planning on staying at a motel is willing to share the room and split the
> cost.
>
> Then, maybe instead of paying $70 or more to fly back home, someone who is
> headed back to WA can give Allan a lift. After all, I'm sure Allan would
> kick in some gas money and you'd have another IH "gearhead" along to help
> with any problems encountered on that long trip. (Fleck, Landry are you
> listening.)
>
> Just some thoughts - all on my own - Allan didn't put me up to this. I'd
> just like to see him make it.
>
> Tom H.

Tom, et.al:

Here!  Here!  I was thinking the same thing!  I am on several e-mail lists that
offer cheap last-minute airfares, and if he can't take off work early, I am not
heading down until Saturday afternoon anyway, it appears.  I could pick him up
wherever the cheap air fare gets him to, and drive him down.  I will be coming
back up on Sunday late-whenever ALL festivities are done, and could bring him
back up.  I am still  hoping to get a hotel, but have been holding off due to
uncertainty of plans.  I would gladly split/share the room if it helped, though
I had debated camping-which we could do as well to save even more money-in
either the T'all or the Wagonmaster there would be some room.  Obviously, more
in the T'all, but the rear bench in the WagonMaster would surely hold him, no?
I'll take the front (that way the steering wheel won't bother you, Allan).  Or
if it is nice, the bed with the tailgate down, or the open grass-depending on
one's sleeping bag!
Or of ot works better for him to come down some other way, I'll get him back to
the airport, or whatever.
Let us know what would work for you, Allan.  We'll get to work on it!  What
airport are you coming from?  I can't remember if you are WA or OR?

Michael