Auto to 4-speed conversion

Tom, Scott,
I should probably add my $.02 since I'm doing the same thing.  The "horizontal pivot shaft" is called a relay, its a part of the linkage system from the pedal to the bellhousing's cross shaft.  This swap, unlike mine should be strait forward.  My 304 donor had a three speed column shift out of a pick up on it.  Tthe bolt pattern is different from that tranny to the T19. However, it is the same bell housing.  The castings are there for the correct bolt pattern for the T19, I just had to drill the other two holes out to except it.  Since you are going from one scout to another scout, you shouldn't have any of the other problems I had.
GL
---
Layda,
Tark