It just won't run now

Hi all,
  While cruising down the road, carb sputters which mean one tank is dry
and I switch to the other tank ('68 800, 4-196) as I normally do.  I
left it in gear and for some reason it doesn't catch like it has oodles
of times before.  I coast to an unceremonious stop and try to crank it.
Nothing.  Check the fuel in the fuel pump, yep, fuel level is full.
Look down the carb throat when working the throttle, yep, gas squirts
from the accel pump.  Take the #1 plug out and hold it to ground, yep,
got spark.  Crank it again and still nothing.  I'm thinking that there
may have been water in the gas I just got, and I'll try to pour some
fresh gas down the throat to see if it'll catch when I get off work
today.  Is there anything else I could troubleshoot?
TIA,
Myron

C. Myron Ware   Senior Prog/Analyst, CNE |  NASA Langley Research Center
Email c.m.ware@domain.elided             |  Hampton, Va   23681
http://cnb-www.larc.nasa.gov/~ware/cmw-home.html  (work) or
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1370  (non-work)

Word for the day:  Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which
  tells people that they are right, whether they are or not.