reply to a misunderstanding

REGARDING ROBS COMMENT:
John,

  I think it would be in your best interest to be just a bit more
patient - like I was waiting for you to finish the seat bases.  I feel
that your comment below makes it seem that I am holding you up from
completing your project.  Might I remind you of the *6 months* it took
from the time of my order until the delivery of your product.  The
seat bases are *still* not in the truck because of fitment problems.
I have suppressed my disappointment and anger from practically
everyone that asks me about their progress.  I have given you every
benefit of the doubt.  I don't take pleasure in airing my dirty
laundry, but I do so in defense of my good name.  I never asked for my
money back - I never asked for a discount in price - I never asked for
anything extra (but to be fair, you offered).  All I asked for was a
product that would fit the seats I have (which you also have), and
that the bases bolt in with no modification.  Unfortunately, the
latter part of our agreement was not met.  Still, I sent you the
remainder of the price of the seat bases, and so you have been paid in
full.  I even paid the shipping.

In short, I'll get the seat base sliders to you as soon as I can -
paying once again to ship them back.  I think I have been more than
patient in dealing with you.  I am sure you make many good products
and have many satisfied customers.  I sure wanted to be one.

REPLY:
Rob I feel bad that they are not to your liking however I followed your
instructions to a tee and made them exactly the same as mine. I  *Did* meet
our agreement. If you recall You said you wanted a set "just like
mine"(since we had the same seats) except for it to open to the front for
the front. I even went so far as to pattern yours off mine with templates
so they are identical except the door. Then I check fit them into another
scout and they fit or I would have never shipped them. I dont ship products
that dont work or fit. They must be of quality or i wont ship them.

As for the sliders i can be patient,  I was like you keeping the digest
posted of the progress on my scout. As you can see I was woooweeeing at the
fact that my travler will cruise the highway again.  So please dont take
any offense to it and see a need to defend your good name or air dirty
laundry as i did not try to slander your name at all.

Please send the sliders COD, I will pay the shipping. If you want a refund
I will give you a full refund even though I usually dont do so on a custom
order. Again I am sorry you feel they are not to your liking. Let me know
if there is something I can do to please you. Some free work?....tell me so
I can make you happy if possible. Above all I want to make you satisfied.

*Please* reply off digest on this matter as the digesters don't need to
hear us squabble, but they do derserve to hear the final outcome when its
all said and done. I would expect a report to the digest on any business
out there, to inform the others and am all for that.

Regards
John Fleck
Back Country Binders

PS: I will graduate May 8th and then have alot more time to get projects
done in a timley matter.