Re: Springover update

>GREAT ASCII art, Curt!
Thanks!

>Great idea.
I can't claim credit for the idea - one of the Scouts West guys here
in San Diego had this setup with single shocks. It looks like it should
work fine for dual shocks - I guess I'll find out.

>Any particulars on the welding?  I thought I heard the
>knuckle is cast and the housing is stamped (or am I backwards?)..  Thus
>the whole "Certified Welder" when you twist the knuckles.
I don't know - anyone know how to tell? I guess I'll find out if it's
a problem. I doubt that I've weakened the knuckle by welding to it,
and it's not exactly life threatening if the shock mount comes off, so
I don't feel too nervous doing it myself.

>Not as long of shocks if you would've mounted them on the side of the
>axle housing, but they're certainly out of the way, and it should be
>stout enough.  Great location.
I don't think travel will be an issue - I'm planning to get the longest
RS9000 that Rancho makes (#9012, I believe), and I'll just make the
hoops tall enough to fit them. I'll probably have to trim the inner
fender more than I already have, but that's easy.

   rcleavin@domain.elided  San Diego, CA
   Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
   Scouts West: http://www.scoutswest.com
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150