Re: Final question on T-18 vs T-19

this young 'un knows how to use one.  got my CDL using an 89
international with a eaton 9 spd non-syncro trans.  now I always double
shift out of habit, whether I need to or not

goto http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/pics_2.html , there's 2
pictures of the interior of an internation COE, and at the bottom there's
one of the outside of "dino"

joe

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:16:02 -0700 "Robert N. Deruy"
<bobxian@domain.elided> writes:
>Christopher Eveland <eveland@domain.elided> wrote:
>
>>> If I remember correctly, the non-syncro is only a problem if you
>try to
>>> shift into first without coming to a complete stop. I am assuming
>here that
>>> second is syncro'd and upshifting isn't a problem. Sounds like the
>gearing
>>
>>This is correct, you can only get into first from about 0.5mph or
>less,
>>at least not without grinding the gears a lot.  Shifting betweeen
>the
>>other gears (and out of 1st) is no problem at speed.
>
>Children, why do I always have to work with children? Has no one ever
>driven transmissions which were unsynchonized? How about old Chevy 3
>on the
>tree's which had an unsynchro first and blew the synchro in second
>within
>10,000 miles? I double clutch my T-18a into first.
>

>                                /////
>                               ( / \ )
>                              (  O O  )
>      ______________________oOOo-( )-oOOo_______________________
>             	  Bob Deruy  mailto:BobXian@domain.elided
>                      '79 CJ-7  Locked and loaded
>                       '79 Scout II gettin' there
>                     '97 TJ Wrangler Not even close
>      http://www.off-road.com/~cc4wd http://www.calvarycedar.org
>      ______________________________Oooo________________________
>                              oooO  (   )
>                              \ (   (_/
>                               \_)

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scout.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]