Rear axle bearings

Take a look at:

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/zerk.html

They pull the rear axle shaft out, then drill and tap for a zerk fitting
on the axle tube itself.  Slide the axle shaft back in, torque it, then
put your favorite (air powered!) grease gun on the zerk and.. voila..
axle bearing is packed.

Pro/Con?  Sound like a good idea for my Scout?

I'm thinking about greasing the rear axle bearings today or tomorrow..
since I'm changing out the other front axle shaft U-joint..

-Tom