Re: Final question on T-18 vs T-19

Christopher Eveland <eveland@domain.elided> wrote:

>> If I remember correctly, the non-syncro is only a problem if you try to
>> shift into first without coming to a complete stop. I am assuming here that
>> second is syncro'd and upshifting isn't a problem. Sounds like the gearing
>
>This is correct, you can only get into first from about 0.5mph or less,
>at least not without grinding the gears a lot.  Shifting betweeen the
>other gears (and out of 1st) is no problem at speed.

Children, why do I always have to work with children? Has no one ever
driven transmissions which were unsynchonized? How about old Chevy 3 on the
tree's which had an unsynchro first and blew the synchro in second within
10,000 miles? I double clutch my T-18a into first.

                                /////
                               ( / \ )
                              (  O O  )
      ______________________oOOo-( )-oOOo_______________________