RE: Hearsay

You know, over the last year or so,  I have been seeing a lot of the big
(1-ton?) Dodge trucks with goose-neck trailers hauling much bigger loads
than I remember normally seeing.  Stuff like very long - 40' or so trailers,
sometimes with multiple vehicles on it.  Always seemed like a lot for a
light duty vehicle, but maybe the 1-tons are making inroads on the medium
duty vehicles?

Combine the above speculation with the certainty that americans are buying
bigger trucks each year, in some weird combination of conspicuous
consumption,
machismo, subtle hostility, desire for safety, and maybe a little honest
hope
for adventure.  Maybe the a 1-ton SUV / PU is feasible.  Heck, if gas stays
cheap, anything less than a 1/2 ton truck is going to seem like a yugo.

Of course, it takes a while to create a vehicle (3 to 5 years for most
companies).  If you wait until the trend peaks to decide to move, it'll be
over by the time you get in.  I'll bet the Japanese companies are loosing
a lot of market share to the big three due to the increased demand for huge
vehicles.  By the time any new-comers get in - it could be over with!  Due
increases in the cost of fuel, increases in emissions concerns/regulations,
or a drop in the US economy.

<ramble off>

Ken