Re: Valentines

The aliens commander decided Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> would make a
perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>>      Valentine will allow it.  Tom M, have fun doing whatever kind of dirty
>>      work you;ll be doing.  I'll be staying clean most likely.
>
><grin>  Hey, Landry's the one changing motors out this weekend.. not
>me!

[RANT MODE ON]
At the risk of sounding a bit like Tom H. after a hard day at the office, I
have something I'd like to get off my chest about Valentine's Day!

After 14 years of marriage, my wife and I know each other well enough that
we don't need to play silly little head games for who has to do what on
Valentine's Day.  Sure I try to do something special and nice for my wife
now and then to let her know how much I appreciate and love her, but we are
both sick of these so called "holidays" crafted by the likes of Hallmark
and FTD.  They are nothing more than one more excuse for the marketing
types to shame consumers into spending more money on crap they don't want
or need.  Every major and minor holiday has become completely consumerized
to the point where we are starting to opt out.  Now give me something
worthwhile like "Binder Day" and you can count me in!

And one other thing... since when did Valentine's Day become something
*men* are expected to carry the burden on?  If I want to spend that
stinking day in my shop wrestling with an engine, then you can be sure
that's where the hell I'll be!
[RANT MODE OFF]

Respectfully,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT