Fans at highway speeds...

     Just a note to everyone about the thread on fans and clutches and flex
     fans at highway speeds.

        The general consensus with the gurus was that one does not need a
     fan at highway speeds due to air volume and that a flex fan does no
     work at speed.

        Today, scout throws BOTH fan/alt belts on the way into work.  I
     thought it was just road derbis noise.  8 miles later, overheat.

        Fill fil 3 gal. water, limp to auto shop to buy belts. My rigid fan
     DOES do work at highway speeds.  So all y'all can fix that in yer
     mind.

        FWIW, always carry a spare set of belts.  I had a spare for the PS
     pump,and a spare for the AC but I thought since there were two on the
     fan/alt, I'd be fine.  No dice.  $22 for both belts #15610 at the high
     priced parts store close to the road.

        -Joel

     PS   I should be riding the bike more lately.  Trucks seem to let me
     down.  tranny MAY go back in the T'all this weekend, provided the
     Valentine will allow it.  Tom M, have fun doing whatever kind of dirty
     work you;ll be doing.  I'll be staying clean most likely.